Website Royal Caribbean
The Director of Public Health is responsible for leading the company’s global health and wellness policy and overseeing the Public Health department and leading the Public Health team. This position is accountable for the administration and management of our public health assuring it is fiscally sound and adheres to all regulatory requirements. She/he will be responsible for setting the strategic plan. The Director of Public Health needs to be a thought leader who is at the forefront of global trends and best practices in public health. Effective leadership and communication skills are key in this role, for she/he will guide the public health strategy, develop action plans, and manage the public health team for RCG. Having a strong public health and management background is essential. She/he will possess excellence in judgment and be a goal-oriented visioning for prevention.
- Direct and evaluate the staff and functions of the Public Health Department through effective planning, staff management, and resource allocation.
- Develop and implement a long-term strategy & vision for goals, objectives, policies, resources and priorities for the RCG’s public health initiatives and projects.
- Serve as an expert and advisor on Public Health programs and technical issues; anticipate and remove obstacles and hold staff accountable for quality results; assure staff are meeting established goals and objectives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of adopted community engagement strategies.
- Participate in assessing and evaluating health care services to ensure employees and guests are informed of available programs and services and are assisted in the utilization of those services.
- Supervise staff and assure their professional development through continuing education, training and leadership development activities.
- Effectively communicate relevant public health information to leadership, other department executives, and as needed to the Board of Directors and corporate executives.
- Represents department in collaborative efforts by serving on and/or leading committees, task forces or initiatives.
- Represent RCG in public forums including but not limited to media events, public hearings, and community engagement activities addressing public health
- Identify data and information sources for public health promotion and disease prevention policies and programs
- Review data related to public health policy and trends to determine areas of strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in public health with a minimum of 10 years leading teams
- A master’s degree in public health, public administration, health administration.
- Proficiency in basic methods of epidemiology, disease prevention, environmental health, health promotion, and behavioral change
- Proven successful execution in crisis management involving public health issues
- Experience in Performance Management Public Health Accreditation, Quality Improvement, Strategic Planning, Community Health
- Improvement Planning, Communicable Disease follow up, Health hazard Investigations and Foodborne/Waterborne outbreaks preferred.
- Extensive knowledge on public health protocols, environmental protection issues, and regulatory standards.
- Ability to give public presentations to groups
- Ability to work well in high pressure environments
Company: Royal Caribbean
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pensacola, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A