At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Basic and Hi-Speed Internet, Basic and Digital TV and Rogers Home Phone) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete installation work. (e.g., rewires, fishing, drop replacements)
- Promote and sell company services and make customers aware of same.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- Pay, benefits, and work schedule as per the Metro Cable Association Salary Plan.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a safe driving record.
- A+ Certification with Apple Mac experience required (or equivalent PC skills).
- Electronics Technician Certificate or Diploma would be a definite asset.
- Minimum two years Cable TV experience or equivalent experience from a related industry.
- Knowledge and experience with Smart Home Monitoring is an asset
- Must have experience in PC repairs and good to exceptional P.C. troubleshooting skills.
- Must have experience with all Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Must have experience with TCP/IP protocols and NIC Installations.
- Must be able to handle all physical aspects of the job, which include lifting/moving heavy equipment (approx. 80 lbs) and climbing ladders/poles at heights up to 40 feet.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A