Website Rockwell Automation
The US Trade Management Operational Leader will be responsible for leading all daily operational export and import activities of Rockwell Automation in North America, Management of US and Canadian customs brokers and a staff of 5 direct reports. Responsible for driving continuous improvement of US and Canadian Customs entry compliance, Export Compliance, reduction of Requests for Information, implementation of process improvements, while promoting consistency across team and focusing on cycle time and regulatory compliance. Develop and provide training to employees and guidance/interpretation of the regulations. Will proactively oversee and guide export and import compliance matters while effectively interacting with employees at all levels and will work both independently and with other members of the organization on a variety of international trade compliance matters while determining their export/import needs, and developing and implementing appropriate strategies to meet business requirements. Provides the necessary leadership to perpetuate and enhance the Rockwell Automation culture of providing superior quality and customer service and an inclusive and supportive work environment. This position allows for 50% work from home, and 50% in a Rockwell facility in either Cleveland or Milwaukee.
- Determine applicability and requirements of exporting and importing products under International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), U.S. Customs regulations and other trade regulations as appropriate
- Manage participation and maintain certification in CTPAT
- Manage Export Compliance Program throughout the region and provide support for acquisitions during the due diligence phase.
- Oversee the sanctioned party screening process and work with the Analyst, Export Compliance to insure that issues are resolved timely and accurately. Monitor the reporting of the screening process metrics.
- Providing oversight, escalation, and leadership to daily operating activities related to import and export activities
- Broker / Forwarder Management
- Lead continuous improvement & productivity initiatives; implement changes required by regulatory changes related to import/export, security, etc.
- Drive cost productivity (Brokerage RFP’s, FTA’s)
- Development of Direct Reports (performance and development reviews)
- Management of Trade Compliance related record retention
- Assist in maintaining Export/Import Compliance Policies, Procedures and Manuals
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, ability to learn quickly, work independently with minimal supervision, manage and prioritize multiple tasks, and lead complex projects in a team environment. Excellent administrative and organization skills required.
Company: Rockwell Automation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A