Website River Island
As an Operations Manager in a ‘Flagship’ environment, you will be responsible for ensuring that all operational procedures are followed in the store and all stock movement in and out of stockrooms is managed effectively.
- You will oversee Loss Prevention requirements for the store.
- You will also be responsible for protecting profit, ensuring stock management and transfers are actioned correctly & engaging the team to deter theft through service.
- You will provide support for the planning and implementation of stocktakes.
- You will ensure sale launch is managed effectively throughout the stockrooms.In this role, you will also need to be flexible to support in driving sales & maximising profit.
- You will also connect with our customers.
- You will conduct daily floor walks of stockrooms, remote storage, containers and back of house areas, delegating tasks and agreeing priorities with your dedicated team.
- You will oversee the Health & Safety requirements for the store, taking responsibility for Fire, Health & Safety in the event of an emergency.
- You will also ensure daily, weekly & monthly Fire, Health & Safety checks are carried out and concerns escalated to the Store Manager.
- You will also be responsible for overseeing any maintenance logs that arise.
- In doing this, you will provide a safe environment for our staff and customers.
- Deliver all operational aspects of the store – You will manage the stockrooms, remote storage, containers and back of house areas, ensuring they are maintained to a high standard in accordance with company guidelines.
- You will liaise with your Store Manager to ensure we have the right capacity across these areas and will be responsible for all stock management.
- You will ensure deliveries are processed in accordance with company timescales by driving the productivity of your team.
- You will manage replenishment, ensuring the team are trained to analyse reports to carry this out effectively.
- Have good planning and organising skills
- Have experience in managing a large team within a high turnover environment
- Have a proven track record of decreasing stock loss within your store
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Have good leadership skills
- Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
- You may also be a medium store/deputy manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment
- Have previous experience at Operations Manager level
- Ideally have experience in managing a remote/off site stockroom
Company: River Island
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A