Redfin is looking for an Engineering Manager to help build the native experience for our newest initiative: Rentals. In this role, you’ll be able to shape the strategic direction by supporting a team of mobile engineers focused on building our iOS and Android apps. You will join a passionate community of mobile developers working to build engaging experiences to make it easy for users to find their next place to live. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate on the mobile apps infrastructure and set the iOS/Android development standards for Redfin Engineering. If you value building something from the ground up and managing a team with a ton of ownership over well-established, popular apps, come join us!
- Celebrate team wins, and guide the team to learn from mistakes.
- Mentor and coach engineers to make the right technical design solutions given business needs.
- Oversee the mobile software feature development lifecycle, shipping updates weekly to the app stores.
- Prioritize requests from multiple stakeholders, investing the team’s time in the most important areas.
- Recruit high potential mobile engineers to grow your team. Guide their career growth through thoughtful questions, candid feedback, and careful goal setting.
- Manage a team of mobile developers to build user facing features that make Redfin the best place to find a place to live.
- Contribute to the strategy and roadmap for the team, using business metrics as a guide.
- You have a track record of inspiring teams to succeed and connecting impact to their work.
- You have strong mentorship abilities for both junior- and senior-level developers.
- You have a passion and vision for building beautiful, customer-focused mobile user experiences.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience with iOS or Android ecosystems (your team will work with Swift, Kotlin, and Java). 2-4+ of those years were managing a team of mobile engineers with a focus on shipping consumer-facing products.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A