The Director, Solutions Architect will play a key role in shaping the strategy and implementation of Enterprise Data Products and their integration with applications across the enterprise. In this role you will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership and development teams to drive the development of end-end-to solutions. You will develop application roadmaps and provide technical leadership to key strategic and transformative programs that have an impact across RBC. You will primarily be responsible for the creation and rationalization of solutions as well as the communication of the same to both business and technology stakeholders and providing guidance to the delivery teams for its implementation.
- Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure SME’s and project teams to ensure all aspects of the architecture are defined in conjunction with RBC standards, policies, priorities and best practices.
- Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
- Work with technical teams and business partners/specialists across application groups and 3rd parties to understand the current state and identify constraints in defining the future state architecture for applications & related interfaces.
- Design, develop and lead PoCs in collaboration with development teams to evaluate new technologies, tools and solutions.
- Manage the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
- Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies and the current state environment. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the Architecture Review Board, as needed.
- Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical design and act as the lead technical authority on the program or project.
- Develop the architecture artifacts (Architecture Blueprint, Architecture Decisions, Application Roadmap) based on RBC practices and review with Enterprise Architecture, Lead Architects, Business Architects and key program stakeholders.
- Experience with digital channels technology design and development
- 5+ years of architecture experience implementing solutions on large projects with solid understanding on data, security, resilient systems design, integration and application development
- Solid experience with a variety of technologies/frameworks like NoSQL, Spark, micro-services, and design approaches including event-driven architecture, cloud-based deployments, REST/API first applications, Service Oriented approaches, Streaming, Mobile technologies
- Experience with designing and implementing cloud-based architecture solutions in public cloud platforms
- Very proficient and enthusiastic in doing hands-on work, if needed, to support PoCs and guide development teams
- Experience in the financial industry and a consulting background
- Familiarity with Design Thinking and Customer Centric Design
- Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development,
- Technology &Operations management, Global Technology Infrastructure, and others
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience with program/projects involving complex integration of technologies/platforms across functional technical teams
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A