Reporting to the Medical Advisor, the successful incumbent will be accountable for the implementation of occupational therapy programs or undertaking of specified client care activities in line with the scope of practice for occupational therapists.
- Review and identify gaps in the existing OT tariffs.
- Align the updated tariff to the developed evidence-based treatment protocols.
- Define Treatment protocol framework comprising of clinical policies, processes and guidelines.
- Develop associated treatment plan templates which accommodates the following codes: ICD10 codes, CPT codes and NAPPI codes (cross walks).
- Ensure that treatment protocols are designed to assist patients to get back to their maximum potential in both work and sport, including adaptation to permanent disabilities.
- Develop processes for implementation for assessing clinical functions to:
- Conduct assessments to measure physical and functional abilities.
- Plan and directs specific therapeutic/ rehabilitative programs.
- Select and designs a variety of activities that assist as affected movement or function.
- Assist patients to gain or regain skills in social, leisure and work environments through graded individual and group therapy and activity programs.
- Monitor the progress of patients and adjust treatment programme where required.
- Develop in-built rules and align them with the updated tariff
- Bachelor’s Degree @ NQF 7 in Occupational Therapy.
- Valid registration with the HPCSA as an Occupational Therapist.
- A qualification in evidence-based medicine and/or treatment protocol development will be advantageous.
- Relevant 5 -7 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Therapy of which 2 years must have been on a supervisory level/ or area of expertise.
- Experience in Vocational Rehabilitation and Return to work guidelines.
- Experience in defining and developing evidence based treatment protocols of Occupational Therapy-related treatment protocols.
- With experience working with ICD 10 codes, CPT codes and NAPPI codes Experience in Functional Capacity Evaluation and associated reports and tariffs applicable.
- Experience in Vocational Rehabilitation, Community or Home-based Occupational Therapy, with a good understanding of issues of access, affordable and reasonable Home Modifications necessary for people living with disabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, ZA
Application Deadline: N/A