PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Participate in management of patients with medical compromise and with possible exposure to medical risk; coordinate booking for the dental clinic. Assist the Dentist with screening of patients and assessment of dental needs to set priorities for dental visits; schedule appointments by contacting medical and dental offices and laboratories to see if the work is complete; contact patients and arrange appointments.
- Communicate with medical and dental staff in the Agency and in the community as necessary to adjust appointment schedules, while ensuring that patient care is not jeopardized.
- Perform all the chair-side duties of a dental assistant and maintain infection control. Make impressions to fabricate gel carriers; construct and fit custom gel carriers and instruct patients on how to use. Fabricate bite blocks and gingival protectors in preparation for radiotherapy procedures. Provide home care instruction to patients.
- Apply topical chemotherapy.
- Maintain statistical records such as procedures performed and submit summary totals.
- Plus one year’s related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Graduation from a recognized Certified Dental Assistant program.
- Current registration with the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, CA
Application Deadline: N/A