Website Orlando Health
Provides newborn infant hearing screenings in the hospital setting under the direction of a licensed audiologist by conducting reliable and accurate screening of newborns in various environments, through the use of computer based clinical equipment.
- Conducts medical record review to identify infants in need of hearing screening and risk factors for hearing impairment.
- Identifies and prioritizes infants to be screened based on mode of delivery and time of delivery to assure optimal time for screening.
- Critical thinking skills and attention to detail with a high level of accuracy is required to assure low false positives and fiscal responsibility
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Provides care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures and guidelines.
- Documents in medical record and computerized medical record standing orders, results, recommendations and billing charges accurately.
- Reports screening results to the Department of Children and Families.
- Provides education and follow-up appointments through computerized scheduling for outpatient follow-up appointments.
- Computer competency in various Orlando Health and clinical systems. Disseminates audiology reports for outpatients returning to follow-up to
- Health Information Management department, physicians, Department of Children and Families, parents, and others.
- Updates logs of outpatient babies in Excel with demographic information, test result status and other outcomes.
- Associate degree in a science or health care field; or two years of applicable college experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience on a 1:1 basis; offsetting experience must be in the healthcare setting.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
Company: Orlando Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Myres, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A