Website Orlando Health
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center(ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and emergency care needs, including serving as Central Florida’s only Level One Trauma Center. The hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida and rated high performing in nine adult procedures and conditions. Thirteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
The Patient Safety Attendant performs vigilant increased visual observation or continuous visual observation as ordered for the patient.
- Provides diversionary activities such as reading aloud to the patient.
- Assists the patient with nutrition needs as necessary under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Accompanies the patient to diagnostic testing and procedures and maintains observation of the patient during tests or procedures.
- Never leaves the patient alone unless instructed to by the nurse. For Baker and Marchman Act patients, the patient can never be left alone for any reason.
- Receives report from the RN and previous Patient Safety Attendant and gives report to the RN and oncoming Patient Safety Attendant before leaving.
- Utilizes the Safe Patient Room Environment Checklist with every change of staff or transfer of care as part of hand off for Baker Act, behavioral health, and suicide risk patients.
- Observes for any changes in the patient’s behaviors or actions and immediately reports them to the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal,state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Maintains current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification – HeartSaver CPR.
Company: Orlando Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A