Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this
This is an exciting opportunity to enable Openreach to build the Fibre Network across all areas of the UK.
As one of our Specialist Fibre Engineers you’ll take ownership of the network build. You will build good relationships with a team of Fibre Engineers in your assigned area, including third-party. You’ll attain Openreach quality accreditations, enabling you to assess the quality of our Fibre network build to ensure it’s completed to a high standard, the right cost and on time. By doing this, you’ll also report to your manager any possible issues encountered along the way that might affect quality and delivery.
The engineers you’ll supervise will be mobile therefore you will need to be happy working outside, whether that’s in glorious spring sunshine or bracing wintry weather. You’ll travel a lot, and often make multiple visits to the same place – especially where you spot problems.
Please note, you will be required to travel widely around your allocated area.
You’re an experienced Fibre engineer, and while you want to move up in your career, you’re happy to lend a hand and get stuck into a job where needed.
- Experience of everything Fibre, including FTTP and FTTC
- An excellent communicator, working across a broad spectrum of stakeholders form member of public, local authority representatives, internal colleagues and third party suppliers
- A manual driving licence with no more than 6 points
- Highly customer focused with a strong desire to deliver excellent customer service at every opportunity
- Open to learning new techniques and technologies
- Comfortable using smart devices
- Working in an ambiguous environment where onsite problem solving is the norm
- Physically fit and comfortable working at heights
- Able to manage your time and workload
- NRSWA Licence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, GB
Application Deadline: N/A