Reporting to the Specialist Technical Fibre Manager, the role holder is responsible for a variety of activities including but not exclusive to, executing technical solutions for pan-OR Chairman, CEO level escalations and major projects, applying commercial and financial rigour. This role puts customers at the forefront – ensuring quick, cost effective and technically proficient solutions are executed by the Chief Engineer team for our customers and stakeholders. Keeping customers up to date and visiting site to find technical engineering solutions.
- Managing frequently allocated technically complex workload on an ad hoc basis from Openreach and pan BT Senior Leadership teams.
- Managing small matrix teams across Openreach, BT, suppliers and customer teams when carrying out CE work.
- Managing multiple product issues at any one time to deliver unique technical solutions and offer regional coverage to share expertise and knowledge within Openreach.
- Leading and managing key aspects of technology delivery in support of key Openreach products including Fibre based products.
- Negotiating with national establishments to deliver timely project based technological solutions e.g. National Trust, landowners, state owners, environmental agencies etc.to gain permits for CE work.
- Negotiating within matrix teams for resources required to deliver successful outcomes as agreed within the Chief Engineers team.
- Tracking & reporting network delivery progress by using appropriate reporting tools and systems.
- Applying technical and quality knowledge and processes to deliver agreed CE network build targets.
- Engaging with highways authorities/local authorities and building constructive relationships.
- Working collaboratively with FND peers within the Fibre Cities patches to deliver fibre build on time and at the most viable cost.
- Travelling to various sites/Escalations to find Technical Engineering Solutions
- Great communication skills – ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate ability to confidently report to Senior Stakeholders.
- Regular engagement with contractors to ensure availability of required resources.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders and projects whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Providing regular and accurate updates on progress of FTTP in the patch to the senior management.
- Supporting and coaching team to develop technical understanding within the unit.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A