Reporting to the HS2 Programme Manager, the HS2 Professional is responsible for leading, monitoring, and over-seeing deliverables within the HS2 programme plan on behalf of the client. These roles are required and funded by the client and the client has specified a variety of roles.
- PM Forecasting & Reporting – The role will support the Head of HS2 and provide weekly / monthly reporting for both HS2 and OR. The manager will coordinate HS2 works orders and monitor expenditure and future spend. The manager will work with the OR team looking at the programme of work and driving through delivery.
- Accountable for seeking updates, monitoring progress, analysing trends, managing risk and escalating as required. e.g., Extensive project management is required across hundreds of sites. They must work gathering information, updates, progress, performance, risks etc. for Internal delivery teams, Suppliers, Joint ventures, finance and update the plans to capture the information and communicate across internal and external audiences to update on progress. They aggregate information and feed in to forecast, taking planned requirements and translating in to KMH for RPE and cabling gangs, and order volumes for both civils partners and stores suppliers.
- Accountable for providing reports, updates and attend operational meetings as requested by OR internal teams and the client and their representatives.
- The role will ensure all allowable costs are charged to client on a monthly basis against a monthly and yearly target based on the PO received and highlight any issues or potential over or under spend.
- Work with the regional PMs across the project to ensure they are delivering against set targets and measures.
- Work with BT Procurement and the client to ensure all contracts supplied by the client and OR have been signed and agreed prior to works commencing.
- Work with Network Rearrangement Finance teams to produce invoices to Hs2
- Work with the Regional PMs and Compliance & Regulatory Manager to ensure Cost Sharing and Deferment of Renewal is applied to schemes and charged correctly as per NRSWA process.
- Able to manage contractors and their performance against agreed targets and SLAs and holding internal delivery teams to account.
- Specialist understanding of network shift delivery, health and safety and reporting for national network rearrangement programmes.
- Able to present management information and input to the strategic discussion.
- Good stakeholder management skills that can operate across internal and external stakeholders.
- Client management skills with the ability to influence the client and their contractors and ensure all reasonable costs are recovered as well as building lasting relationships with major construction/civil engineering industry suppliers
- Experienced project management professional able to produce high level management information for the use of senior management.
- Ability to interrogate and analyse data to produce reports and presentations to deliver to tailored audiences within both OR and Hs2 –
- Expert in applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Office Project and EchoSign.
- SharePoint site creation and management skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A