The Financial Accountant role will report into the UK&I Financial Controller and will primarily be responsible for leading the UK&I’s Sox compliance and maintaining a robust financial control environment. The successful candidate will also support the accounting and reporting of the company’s financial data and provide ad hoc financial support to the business. The individual will be required to maintain close relationships with Group internal audit as well as external auditors and advisors to ensure that UK&I are compliant with all SOx control requirements.
- Ensure the control environment is robust and satisfies US GAAP requirements through liaison with management, external and internal audit throughout the SOx calendar.
- Act as advisor to the wider finance and non-finance areas on all aspects of controls compliance and provide expertise and support for new initiatives.
- Support the UK&I statutory reporting obligations including stat accounts production, audit, VAT and tax and also any accounting regulations changes
- Ensure the delivery of production of high-quality management and financial information in a timely manner
- Working with and proactively supporting the non-Finance functions to add real insight and value to the business and commercial decision making
- Assist the Finance Manager Accounting in aspects of Financial Accounting, monthly and quarterly reporting and controls.
- Ability to both self-manage and work without supervision and to also be able to work within a team to maximise team and individual performance
- Willingness to challenge existing practises by identifying alternative, appropriate and/or innovative solutions
- Flexible and hard working with a can do attitude
- Able to demonstrate ownership and personal responsibility
- Able to maintain stable performance under pressure
- Able to manage multiple tasks within a fast moving environment with the ability to manage expectations and hit deadlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A