The Assistant Group Financial Controller will support the Group Financial Controller, providing full cover as necessary. Responsibility for managing accounting and external financial reporting of Odeon Cinemas Group; the technical and management lead on the successful transition of the group accounting to US GAAP whilst maintaining IFRS; responsibility for group treasury and cash flow forecasting, including actively managing the liquidity of the Group and its subsidiaries and involvement in capital restructuring; a key player in the compliance of the group with Sarbanes Oxley (“SOx”) legislation; responsible for the management and development of 3 team members.
- Maintain operation of key controls, including SOx controls. Review and maintenance of the Delegation of Authority.
- Responsible for the Group Treasury function. Ensure that the liquidity of the group is maintained, manage intercompany funding requirements, improve cash efficiency and avoid trapped cash.
- Improve consistency of reporting through a group accounting policies manual, the use of HFM, alignment of GL charts of accounts and consolidation mappings across the group.
- Advise on and approve all judgemental or new accounting areas. Identify new accounting standards and work with OCG and AMC to ensure continued compliance.
- Support the team preparing technical accounting papers on material transactions. Responsible for lease accounting and associated controls (IFRS 16 and ASC 842).
- Manage the Term loan facility ensuring a full understanding of the facility documents and that terms are adhered to across the group, including covenant reporting.
- Work with the group FP&A team to lead the weekly cash flow forecasting process, ensuring complete oversight and understanding. Ensure appropriate actions are taken with regard to projected working capital and other cash flow movements.
- Ensure accurate and timely information is available to allow compliance and tax planning activities to take place efficiently. Ensure a good understanding of ongoing tax matters is obtained.
- Manage the group audit process and lead the relationship with external auditors (EY). Work collaboratively with internal audit to ensure their recommendations are implemented.
- Provide support to the Chief Finance Director, Group Financial Controller and other senior managers as appropriate on strategically important projects.
- Responsible for the OCG IFRS consolidated non-statutory accounts and FRS 102 holding companies statutory accounts, with particular input into any new and/or non-standard disclosures e.g. Corporate Governance and Going Concern.
- Monitor intercompany debt structures and equity levels to ensure the structuring remains optimal.
- Ensure the team is well managed, organised and motivated. Work with team members to create good quality development plans and appropriate training.
- Experience of operating in a multi-national organisation
- Has the character and gravitas to succeed within the evolving business environment
- Can demonstrate a track record of effectively managing stakeholders
- A strong technical accounting background and understanding of international group consolidation
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working and hitting tight deadlines
- Practice trained ACA Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA with post qualification experience, including experience in industry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A