As an MI Analyst, you’ll be responsible for the design, provision and analysis of clear and meaningful MI to support the business, focusing on supporting leadership teams in driving performance and customer service delivery. You’ll be producing regular and ad-hoc requests for MI in a timely manner across the full range of agreed metrics.
You’ll be extracting and analysing data from multiple sources to create reports identifying performance levels, trends and opportunities across the Mentor business. You’ll also be maintaining a data warehouse to produce MI in a timely manner to support strategic and operational decision making, performance management and business improvement.
- Providing analysis of business data, commentary and recommendations to inform business strategy and drive service improvement and business growth opportunities
- Developing links and building effective working relationships with key stakeholders to deliver appropriate business MI
- Gathering business requirements to assist in the design of accurate and incisive measurements, responding to changing requirements
- Designing and building tools, dashboards and reports which support our management team
- Maintaining a data warehouse to deliver meaningful, accurate and consistent data to the business
- Seeking user feedback to enhance the effectiveness of MI systems and reports
We’re looking for a strong communicator and collaborator with experience in building relationships at a senior level. You’ll need advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience of data analysis and working with Microsoft SQL Server, ideally in a data warehouse environment, paired with knowledge of server reporting services, integration services, analysis services and design and development.
As well as this, you’ll need excellent T-SQL skills, along with experience of SQL Server Analysis Service in a multi-dimensional mode, and Microsoft Power BI or PowerPivot experience. Experience of the management and administration of databases, data warehouse, reporting suites and data cubes is also advantageous.
- A proven track record in the design, creation, development and provision of MI
- The ability to create dashboards or reports without direction
- A background in the management and administration of databases, data warehouse, reporting suites and data cubes
- Experience of working effectively in a team environment
- The ability to be Agile and dynamic to support fast paced and changing remits
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own work across a number of parallel activities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A