Website National Trust
Are you passionate about food and customer service? Would you like to help provide delicious dishes to our wonderful visitors? If so, please keep reading.
With your love of food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers you’ll deliver delicious food prepared by your team using the National Trust Cookbook framework. You’ll make a visit to our Food & Beverage outlet an integral part of the visitor experience and it will be your responsibility to ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
The National Trust Cookbook provides our properties with core menus working towards our food strategy of linking food to our relationships with special places. Working with the Food & Beverage Management team you’ll use your creativity to develop delicious menus, using local produce where available, that adapt to the seasons, to delight visitors with our spirit of place and provide great value for money. You’ll be constantly seeking and developing new income opportunities, working to achieve financial targets and increase margins by minimising waste and controlling costs and resources.
Through effective people management and leadership, and with the National Trust ethos at the forefront of your mind, you’ll motivate the team of staff and volunteers to strive for a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work. You’ll ensure everyone has the necessary training and is compliant with relevant legislation and internal processes including food hygiene and COSHH procedures.
Applications from internal employees who are under notice of redundancy are assessed against the minimum criteria listed below. All other applicants may be assessed against other criteria in the advert and role profile. Any employees under notice of redundancy who meet the minimum criteria will progress to the next stage. In your application please provide details of how you meet the criteria for this role.
- Experience of Menu tracking and food costing using fresh, local & seasonal produce
- Previous experience of managing a team and creating a strong customer service culture
- Strong people skills to enable effective internal/external relationships, particularly with suppliers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as IT skills.
- Food preparation and cooking qualification; City & Guilds or NVQL3 equivalent combined with experience in high turnover quick service catering environment.
- Application of Intermediate Food & Hygiene Certificate or equivalent and full working knowledge of Health & Safety.
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, GB
Application Deadline: N/A