Website National Trust
We’re looking for someone to manage our welcome operation at the Back to Backs and Clent Hills – we strongly believe that a welcome should not be any different whether based in a building or a car park and we want your help to embed excellent service standards with our team working in our reception spaces.
Join a team who are passionate about Birmingham’s complex tapestry of stories, woven into the landscape – into the city’s brickwork, its streets and canals, and its green spaces. We share the experiences of the working people who called this place home. Our visitors are enriched by these experiences, whether they are learning about life in the last of the city’s 30,000 back-to-back courts, delving into our city’s history at Roundhouse Birmingham, or discovering the natural beauty and diversity of the Clent Hills and our city’s green spaces. We champion each other’s wellbeing and we’ll make sure you are connected to the National Trust’s network of support, along with personal and professional development opportunities. We have an excellent Employee Assistance Programme and a generous pension scheme.
- You’ll be involved in volunteer recruitment for the portfolio and also involved in some community engagement – you may set up a stand in the local area and talk about and sell membership.
- There will also be admin tasks for you to complete; you’ll have oversight of your department’s compliance needs, you’ll be responsible for cash handling procedures and you’ll have involvement with the volunteer rotas alongside the Collections and House Officer.
- You’ll be delivering training sessions for staff and volunteers to build confidence and capability in their roles – providing excellent customer service or dealing with difficult situations.
- You’ll be responsible for rostering and organising frontline cover, and will be the first port of call in filling any shortcomings on the rota.
- You’ll also be part of the portfolio Duty Management rota, taking on responsibility for a whole day’s operation across site.
- Creative problem solver
- Effective time management
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Experience in people management
- Organised and efficient – able to work with own initiative
- Skilled listener with good people skills
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A