Website National Trust
The role will be about supporting the delivery of our current programme, as well as programming and producing new tours/activities.
Roundhouse Birmingham aims to ‘do things differently, see things differently, and care for things differently’, so you’ll be working both independently and with a diverse range of people in developing and producing new and existing tours. The role will include some off-site engagement, and you will act as a key contact for building support from the community and identifying opportunities for partnership work.
Roundhouse Birmingham’s tours are volunteer-led, so part of the role will include working with our Volunteering Experience Officer in training volunteers to lead the tours you have designed. This is a hands-on operational role which will include some duty management.
- Experience in directly delivering visitor programmes and/or working with community or commercial partners to deliver events and activities for and with audiences in the heritage or visitor attraction sectors.
- Experience in building, maintaining and developing partnership relationships in order to offer engagement opportunities to audiences of visitors, volunteers or community participants.
- A collaborative, empathic approach – able to adapt your plans and style to the needs of partners, team members and audience
- Strong organisational skills including setting priorities and meeting deadlines. Able to work on own initiative.
- Experience of working with and supervising volunteers. Some knowledge of the different approaches to recruiting, rewarding, recognising and motivating volunteers.
- Flexible customer focussed approach with experience in delivering high standards of customer service.
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A