Website National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA)
The Communications and Intelligent Systems Division at Glenn Research Center is recruiting for new members of the NASA team to provide radiofrequency (RF) expertise in the design, modeling, test, characterization, and analysis of communications systems in support of both space and aeronautical applications. The Division supports the Space Communications and Navigation Program, space exploration and science programs, and the aeronautical communications programs at the NASA Glenn Research Center.
In addition to the basic education requirement (shown below), you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade, which has equipped you with the particular competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of the position described above. To qualify for GS-09, you must have:
- One year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level using computer modeling and simulation tools or analytical applications to accomplish projects, designs, and plans; assisting with, implementing test plans, and interpreting results to validate performance of communications systems.
- Completed all requirements for a master’s or equivalent graduate degree in an appropriate field
- Completed 2 full academic years of graduate education in an appropriate field
Qualification & Experience:
You have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level applying engineering concepts, principles, and practices with emphasis in electrical engineering and communication theory including signal processing concepts, time domain/frequency domain representation of signals and systems, antenna concepts, and/or modulation and coding techniques.
- Completed all requirements for a doctoral degree (i.e., Ph.D. or equivalent) in an appropriate field
- Completed 3 full academic years of graduate education in an appropriate field
- Have an equivalent combination of experience and graduate study as discussed in a), b) and c) above
Company: National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A