The Delivery Resource Manager works within Microsoft to own and manage resourcing for Consulting and Customer Engineering engagements. Aligning the right resource, with the right customer, on the right project is a priority for this role and requires strong collaboration and communications. You will need to leverage a breadth of skills – excellent planning, time management, decision making, and organization skills, along with a proven ability to effectively perform in a fast paced, high growth, rapidly changing environments. Fulfilling engagement staffing requests will require an understanding of technical skill disciplines and Microsoft priority areas, such as Microsoft Cloud Platforms and Artificial Intelligences, and an understanding of when to leverage the array of Microsoft resources to the benefit of the customer, including Microsoft Customer Engineering, Microsoft Consulting, vendors and additional Microsoft resources.
- This position is responsible for making prioritized staffing decisions, navigating through technical, political, and organizational complexity, and resolving conflicts to drive customer satisfaction. Achieving utilization and bench targets, fulfilling demand for Services resources (Consulting and Field Engineering) within defined service levels, and maintaining data integrity throughout the resourcing process are core requirement for the Delivery Resource Manager role. The role will also work with the managers of mixed consulting & engineering teams in assessing individual consultant and engineer skills, and assist with developing consultant/engineer readiness plans in order to increase the skills to meet the demands of the business.
- Ability to work and thrive in a highly dynamic and changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, bias to action, and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to produce analyses from data
- Project management skills, some industry / technical knowledge and a familiarity with Professional Services organizations
- Ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive manner
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of experience in a technical professional services environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A