A Domain Solution Architect within a Global Domain organization of Microsoft Consulting Services and is responsible for delivering high quality architectural solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Platform. Demonstrating deep knowledge of the Domain Solutions and Offerings across the entire life-cycle, together with a critical focus on opportunity management and technical governance, the Domain Solution Architect drives transformational results and realizes business strategy for both customers and Microsoft Consulting Services.
- Gathers customer/partner insights from a broad range of stakeholders as well as the main business sponsor to shape and form both the definition and ongoing execution of projects. Identifies and evaluates industry trends (customer industry verticals, information technology [IT] industry). Adapts business models, plans, and solutions to insights.
- Works with customer/partner stakeholders (e.g., Enterprise Architects, Security Team, Development Team, Operations Team) and business sponsor to socialize both the business solution and the project approach to determine if changes are needed to the business solution. Where the cost of change is accepted by the customer, shares this feedback with the project team and the broader account team to make the necessary adjustments using mechanisms such as updating the solution approach and projected costs in presales and change requests in delivery. Contributes to Microsoft-centric operations and cadences to align with customer feedback.
- Uses evidence-based approach to represent the customer/partner as a customer advocate and share insights with Product Engineering teams and the business with a view to improving Microsoft technologies, products, services and offerings such that they can better meet customer/partner needs across a territory.
- Proven technical pre-sales experience.
- Proven experience managing projects.
- Azure experience (if not Azure then extremely capable in all areas of modern software development and related architectures)
- Application architecture on Azure stack or opensource technologies
- Software development background
- Strong background in software development and modern development practices (containerisation / CI/CD, serverless, Infra as code etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field, significant experience in application development and architecture, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or technology domain.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Leicester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A