As a Microsoft Consultant, you will deliver quality engagements with your expertise, either as an advisor, reviewer, or resource in high profile projects to ensure customer value. You’ll combine your technical skills, creativity, and customer focus to deliver great solutions to our customers and ensure they get the best out of our technologies and solutions. In addition, you’ll focus on the development of customer business agility and business value and develop deep experience with technologies.
You’ll have a strong understanding of customer and partner business and IT environment and have demonstrated skills designing and developing technology in area(s) of specialization to solve business problems. You’ll have experience developing software for the Microsoft platform using programming languages and development platforms including C# (or any modern programming language) and Microsoft SQL Server (ideal but not absolutely essential). You should also have hands-on experience in DevOps (CI/CD Automation and scripting) as well as excellent skills for troubleshooting and fixing day to day CI/CD related issues as well as knowledge in Cloud Computing, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI). If you have experience in Azure, even better!
- Participation in the delivery of complex solutions as technical individual contributor or as a team member under coaching/guidance of senior team members.
- Reading, interpreting and/or developing technical specifications, diagrams and database schema
- Technical design, development and implementation decisions on the use of technology in area(s) of specialization
- Test Strategy Definition, Test Planning, Test Design Concepts
- Work with Leads to map solution and technical information to customer need
- Work with Leads on areas of local prototype, or proof of concept, to test solutions
- Validate code on customer’s system and educate customer’s team on applying the code
For this position the core essential skills are programming experience with C#, or perhaps even C++ as a pre-requisite. Other progamming languages are a strong plus as we work with clients and mould around their core tech in a multi-cloud environment.
Proven automation expertise throughout the SDLC is a strong requirement here, incl test automation, CI/CD etc. After that a combination of as many of the technologies listed below are highly desirable, together with customer-facing experience in a consulting capacity.
- Significant customer facing project experience involving solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, and deployment of complex solutions
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated expertise in testing, inclusive of core testing concepts, test automation tools and frameworks, non-functional testing concepts and tools, API testing/Web Service Testing, and unit and integration testing, and/or white/grey box testing
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communications skills
- Solid experience developing software in and around the Microsoft ecosystem – either C# or potentially C++ as an essential. Other additional programming language exposure is a strong plus
- Knowledge of ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, WPF (scripting language knowledge is preferred)
- Hands on experience with DevOps (CI/CD Automation and scripting), including ability to troubleshoot and fix day to day CI/CD related issues
- Knowledge in Cloud Computing, Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence (AI). Experience in Azure is preferred
- Degree in Computer Science or higher relevant education preferred.
- Microsoft certifications preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A