As a Microsoft IT Service Management professional you will be part of a Western Europe team of MSM professionals who sit in the Culture and Cloud Transformation Experience group. The work you do for customers is closely aligned with cloud success account managers, cloud solution architects and technical customer engineers and can range from shorter engagements – 1 to 2 week standard services – to longer custom ones. Your main goal will be to enable our customers to achieve business value through accelerated Cloud adoption, Digital transformation and productive use of Microsoft services and technologies aligned to our Cloud Strategy.
This is by nature a very independent role where you work and constantly learn in a in larger geographically dispersed team. Traits are: hold your own at the customer, seek out new initiatives, build on other people’s work, be creative and have fun.
Success for an MSM customer engineer is measured by: overall customer satisfaction on the delivered service and how it was delivered; how you helped raise internal awareness of our MSM services but also if you spotted or even created opportunities to help customers do more with our MSM services. As with any Customer Engineering role, achievement of the expected utilization target is key to success.
- Demonstrated hands-on IT Service Management experience across several disciplines will be expected, with exposure and experience of transitioning IT services to cloud service providers an advantage.
- Certification in ITIL® v2 Service Manager or ITIL® v3/4 Expert is a prerequisite. Or, ITIL® v3/4 Foundations with proven experience.
- Consulting mindset,
- As communication is a key attribute of this role, you will need to be proficient in facilitating, presenting, consulting and as a matter of fact have excellent verbal and writing.
- The ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from work floor, line management through to the CIO is critical to the success of the role. You need to be confident in articulating abstract concepts and argue these both verbally and in formal written documents.
- Exceptional planning skills and well-organized.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A