The Clinical Specialist (CS) collaborates with the Territory Manager and Regional Sales Manager focusing on responsibilities for clinical coverage (e.g., support of device implantation and other procedures), follow-up support, troubleshooting, customer service, customer training and operational assistance (e.g., consignment counts, equipment updates, etc.).
- Participates in conventions, forums, and meetings to increase product awareness.
- Works closely with Clinical Lead, Clinical Management and Regional Sales team to provide customer case and sales support.
- Identifies and facilitates execution on growth opportunities with Sales and Clinical Support Team.
- Serves as a technical resource to support sales of a specific medical product or solution.
- Work closely with Territory Manager(s) and Regional Sales Manager to schedule procedure and post-op support.
- Thoroughly understand surgical application (e.g., Indicated clinical use, device preparation and handling), clinical features, advantages and benefits of RTG technologies.
- Successful completion of required (and ongoing) product and sales related training curriculum.
- Compliance with completing Medtronic functional training and education modules.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, including clinicians, fellows, residents, nursing staff, OR management, Biomed, CPD, etc.
- Align with Manager on special projects (e.g., Building customer training programs, conducting market research/analysis, review competitive products and activities, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with the entire team to help achieve revenue and market share targets.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time. Travel will include over-nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- High level of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule. The role often involves evenings, weekends and Provincial holidays.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Collaborative approach and team-oriented.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A