Br ing your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us and engineer your career!
Bring your talents to an innovative medical technology and healthcare solutions leader. We deliver with the training, mentorship, and guidance to build your future success.
Support the clinical development and education, manage inventory and equipment, and customer education programs pertinent to Medtronic defined products and technology. Support the implementation of policies and procedures and participate in all facets of clinical and operational decision-making pertaining to the programs of the organizational unit. Train and educate investigators/customers on proper use of the Medtronic product and technology.
- Identifies and facilitates execution on growth opportunities with Sales and Clinical Support Team.
- Serves as a technical resource to support sales of a specific medical product or solution.
- Develop and execute clinical education programs designed to enhance user competencies
- Works closely with Clinical Lead, Clinical Management and Regional Sales team to provide customer case and sales support.
- Responsible for reporting complaints and Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
- Conduct Monthly Business Reviews with RSM & KAM
- Education reporting requirements (Must document all clinical support and education)
- Supports field personnel in providing the best possible outcomes and service for Medtronic customers.
- Work with other departments to establish priorities for the Company direction, new product development, and customer satisfaction
- Provides nursing and/or medical expertise in the development, implementation, and case reports, journal articles and clinical reports from clinicians
- Provides new employee training on products, technology and materials
- Plan, direct, and coordinate educational workshops, and other programs, events, and activities (Maintain contact with customers to evaluate their clinical and educational needs)
- Partners with sales colleagues to develop and execute plans of sales for within one or more business unit(s).
- Leads efforts to place speakers on podiums at key conferences
- Assist in developing objectives, and programs for marketing and selling the Company’s products
- Participates in conventions, forums, and meetings to increase product awareness.
- Provide leadership and direction in all aspects of the establishment, implementation, promotion, and administration of the clinical education activities, to include assessment, curriculum planning, communications and clinical skills development, and educational support
- Cultivate close relationships with strategic business partners, including all training centers and opinion leaders
- Minimum 3 years of any prior professional experience, with a bachelor’s degree and currently enrolled in a certificate program from a pacing school like ATI or PrepMD .
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate degree, or; Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in the healthcare or engineering field, with a High School Diploma or GED, or
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the healthcare or engineering field, with a bachelor’s degree, or;
- Required to travel for clinical coverage as needed and as directed by RSM/KAM/and/or TM
- CS’s are required to work a number of weekend and holidays during the quarter, as determined by local management.
- Minimum travel of 50-60% of any given work week
- Must have a valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance policy.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in the healthcare or engineering field, with an Associate degree, or;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Québec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A