As a key member of the Patient Financial Services (PFS) customer care team, responsible for all aspects of billing, credit and collection activities, including customer service with an objective of maximizing cash flow and keeping DSO to a minimum.
- Provides support for inquires from internal and external customers regarding account/claim status. Maintains updated information on patient accounts.
- Handles internal and external customer inquiries regarding account status and account history.
- Performs eligibility verifications on patient accounts as new insurance plans/carriers are identified; updates information on expired insurance plans/carriers.
- Researches issues off-line as needed with payor/patient; conducts follow-up calls with customers, initiating conference calls between insurance carrier and patients to resolve customer concerns.
- Researches and initiates refund requests due to overpayments by payor and/or patient.
- Determines when claims/accounts are deemed uncollectable; recommends and initiates bad debt write-offs procedures.
- Meets or exceeds key performance indicators measuring productivity, quality, and service level as defined by Senior Management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A