Website Marks and Spencer
M&S is changing, and it’s changing fast! As part of our ongoing transformation to deliver “Stores of the Future” we are looking for innovative and resilient Leaders. We are working hard to ensure our store estate is fit for the future, by trialling different concepts and opening new stores – our plan is to open c.75 stores over the next 3 years that will offer our customers a new and innovative shopping experience, whilst maintaining the traditional M&S values our customers love.
The sweeping innovations that we’re rolling out at M&S will define a new era of retail. And we want you to help us introduce them to our customers. As a Manager in-store, we want you to help us transform our business on a record scale, by showing everyone how crafting the perfect customer experience can change M&S for good.
As an M&S Store or Deputy Store Manager demonstrating strong drive and vision is imperative, having a real commercial instinct, a business transformation mentality, and a passion for high performance in everything you do is key. We are looking for accomplished Retail Superstars with experience in food retail or clothing & home who are proven leaders.
Central London region consists of 31 stores of varying sizes with a hugely diverse customer base, from Chelsea through to Marble Arch on Oxford Street. The dynamic of many stores has changed across the last year, but there is most certainly lots to be excited about! Located from Stratford City in the East to Clapham in the South, with a number of Simply Food stores serving our City customer, the range of opportunities across the region is incredibly broad.
Setting first class standards and driving continuous improvement are crucial attributes to exploit every commercial opportunity and drive sales. With a passion for delivering excellent standards at all times combined with continuously driving growth & profitability of the store or Foods section through successful implementation of the M&S retail plan.
- To drive a selling culture within your team.
- To lead your team to deliver excellent customer service and hit store targets.
- Deliver an inspirational, improved, and consistent visual customer journey instore which inspires our customers to shop and buy more often.
- To utilise and exploit data & Management Information to support with operational decisions.
- To implement a continuous improvement mentality.
- Build relationships with key partners across your Region and beyond to maximise all growth opportunities, execute fantastic events and drive conversion.
- To continuously seeking opportunities to develop future talent through performance tools and development programmes.
- A superb knowledge of Retail.
- A proven leadership track record and the ability to lead effectively through ambiguity.
- Tech savvy – an understanding of systems and have the ability to exploit them.
- Comfortable having difficult conversations and able to get effective resolutions with both colleagues and line managers.
- Able to juggle a number of priorities whilst still maintaining an excellent standard and working with pace.
- A desire to push boundaries and collaboratively make a difference.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness to change and the ability to lead teams through change with a growth mentality.
Company: Marks and Spencer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oxford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A