Website Marks and Spencer
Our Logistics Teams are right at the heart of our ability to deliver the products our customers want through a service they love. As shopping habits continue to change, it has enabled our transformation into a truly multi-channel retailer. Milestones include the development of our own platform to give us greater control; the creation of an E-Commerce distribution centre; international websites and in-store technologies to improve the customer experience. We’re transforming at M&S and this role is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to our success!
As a result, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Change & Process Improvement Manager to join our Network Development, Strategy & Design Team, we can be flexible in location for this role as we have bases across our network where this role could work from.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Supply Chain and Logistics Network Development Function to deliver a combination of operational improvement and strategic change programmes. You’ll do this by analysing existing processes, seeing opportunities to improve and enhance performance, deliver business value and design and develop new processes aligned to agreed business cases/projects.
In this role, you’ll work cross functionally and lead on identifying and documenting business requirements and agree ‘best for business’ processes and operational layouts, you’ll develop and own your individual road map, collating requirements for support across key partners, including programme and project managers, network design managers, IT and operational leads. You’ll capture change across the portfolio, considering within the design of new processes, how changes interrelate and remain inclusive/considerate of the full spectrum.
- Maintain a strong understanding of standard operating models across the network and operational opportunities and constraints to ensure that all network change assumptions are grounded in operational reality
- For network new space, expansion and major change
- Design and develop operating processes to enable the development of working operational budgets (aligned to business cases)
- Work cross-functionally to create the warehouse requirements and agree warehouse layouts
- Define standards and benefits for strategic operational improvements e.g. new WMS, working closely with IT/Centres of Expertise and
- Operations to ensure the delivery stays true to design principles and supporting operations with the benefits delivery through process engineering
- Maintain close relationships with operations and IT to ensure we maintain a common systems platform across the network, particularly as we evolve and change the sites, their roles and capabilities
- Provide assurance of compliance with processes and an independent view of operating performance, addressing any issues that impede performance with IT and Operations teams as required
- Work collaboratively with others to see opportunities, and provide solutions to tackle operational challenges
To succeed in this role, you will have a good understanding of Warehouse Operations, Transport and Supply Chain networks alongside experience of using Warehouse Management Systems, if this includes JDA Dispatcher then even better!
You’ll be confident in analysing, using and communicating data in an easy-to-understand way. Along with phenomenal communication skills you’ll have the ability to build strong relationships with key partners and have a flexible approach to an ever-changing workload and the demands that come with this.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our business at an exciting time of transformation and change and in exchange for your experience we will reward you with an attractive salary and market leading benefits package.
Company: Marks and Spencer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A