Website Marks and Spencer
As shopping habits continue to change, it has enabled our “never the same again” plan to excel and M&S are now a truly multi-channel retailer. We’re transforming and this role is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to our success!
We now have an opportunity for an Engineering Project Manager to join our Logistics Engineering Team. The remit of this position will be both International & UK covering M&S and 3PL networks across Clothing & Home, Ecom and Foods and we can therefore be flexible in regards to where this role is based due to its International and Nationwide coverage.
- Translate supply chain strategy & output from Strategic Teams into defined and detailed project delivery plans for the Logistics operations
- Support M&S growth and project agendas with the innovation, development and installation of new & improved operating platforms through provision of engineering design, systems expertise and design authority
- Lead on the completion of feasibility studies and capex proposals including a full Design Risk Analysis – generate and influence the content of capital budgets and programmes up to and including capex approval
- Support BUs and Finance in modelling the cost effectiveness of the recommended, optimal business solutions
- Manage the tender process including documentation, support identification of suppliers, professional team and other support resources and finally generation of the contracts and orders as required. Responsible for complete engagement with M&S Procurement teams
- Partner with the Solution Design Analysts, Logistics Engineering and the Foods/C&H Logistics team to ensure that the process design/specification is agreed and understood
- For project > £10m, support project processes up to and through feasibility, concept, RFI and tender phases, and manage delivery of projects on time, to cost, to meet statutory and M&S engineering standards
- Lead a project delivery team comprising suppliers Logistics, Transport, Engineering, IT, HR, Property and Legal, and associated site-based works to ensure delivery of the projects on time, on budget and to the agreed scope
- Develop & maintain supplier relationships to ensure new technologies and innovation opportunities are validated (where such technology will be of benefit to M&S) to meet M&S Engineering standards
You will also ensure that all works are carried out effectively and with due respect to Health & Safety and in accordance with Risk and Method statements.
- To succeed in this role you will be an experienced Engineering Professional with significant, relevant experience obtained within a Retail / FMCG / Food Manufacturing environment. You will come to the role with extensive project management experience and tangible examples of how you have improved business performance through a structured approach to the management of project delivery. You will have excellent knowledge of MHE Systems, solutions and suppliers, knowledge of Facilities and Maintenance Management would be an advantage.
- You will be highly motivated by the challenge of continuous improvement and value engineering required for project delivery, a self-motivated individual who champions breakthrough ideas and initiatives, someone not afraid to confront and work towards resolving tough issues.
- You will have experience of working in an ever-changing environment and be comfortable driving and leading teams through change. You will operative inclusively, really bringing your peers and a diverse group of stakeholders with you in everything you do!
- This is an outstanding opportunity to become part of our business at an exciting time of transformation and change. In exchange for your experience, we will reward you with a competitive salary and market leading benefits package
Company: Marks and Spencer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A