Website Marks and Spencer
M&S is changing, and it’s changing fast! As part of our ongoing transformation to deliver “Stores of the Future” we are looking for strong, innovative and resilient Leaders, considered specialists in the visual field to inspire, change and influence the future.
In a Visual Merchandising Support role you are responsible for the coaching of visual excellence in our stores to raise the bar in visual standards and execution.
The role supports Visual Leads to coach and develop the knowledge and skills of store teams to deliver visual excellence and enabling store teams to deliver an inspirational, improved and consistent visual customer journey, which inspires our customers to shop and buy more often.
Please note this role will cover the South West, Home Counties South and South Coast West
- Supporting the Academies to be the visual benchmark and role model for all surrounding stores to improve business performance
- To build store teams knowledge, capability and expertise of all Visual skills, including the ability to use store space, architecture and equipment handling, focusing on stores without Visual Leadership
- Coach store teams on all aspects of Styling from window implementation to mannequin usage across all BU’s
- Coach store teams on processes to enable perfect seasonal, campaign and event planning which drives consistent, inspirational and commercial delivery.
- Assisting the Visual Lead in the coaching of store teams to deliver visual excellence through increased skills and knowledge
- Raise the bar in visual standards, across multiple regions, delivering appropriate training to enhance the customer experience and drive consistency in our stores both with and without Visual Leadership
- Support the development of great visual talent and capability within store visual teams, supporting the succession requirements of Store Visual Customer Assistants
- Coach stores to deliver best in class visual standards for launches, campaigns
- Upskill store team to effectively order and implement all large format POS each season for all BU’s, and delivery of small format in stores
- Collaborate with store teams to ensure confidence through excellent visual merchandising and customer experience
- Provide feedback which influences store layout, guideline implementation and C&H principles to enable right first-time delivery
- Ensure an up to date and relevant detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the local market and competitor activities.
- Support and influence the divisional and regional visual RLA talent agenda, working closely with Visual Leads
- Create the right culture, role modelling new digital ways of working and leadership behaviours.
- Successfully embeds change for lasting impact and results
- Addresses beliefs and mindsets around resistance to change and supports colleagues in adapting with the ability to coach colleagues through change
- Holds themselves accountable for delivering objectives and targets
- Experience in coaching colleagues to accelerate performance and personal growth
- Recognises high performance and supports poor performers to improve
- Shows colleagues why they matter to M&S, their part to play in delivering the plan and what the results of their work are
- Uses customer feedback and market trends to enable quality feedback
- Uses a combination of channels and technology to communicate, ensuring timely, clear and open communication with colleagues
- Seeks the best solution for M&S by proactively collaborating with colleagues from across the business
- Create the right culture, role modelling new digital ways of working and leadership behaviours
Company: Marks and Spencer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Croydon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A