Website Marks and Spencer
From Merchandising and Marketing – Product Development and Design, through to Supply Chain and Space Planning – our mission is to bring stylish wardrobe, home and beauty essentials to our customers via an easy, inspiring shopping experience online and in store that will delight them every time.
As we accelerate the transformation of our business to suit the changing needs of our customer, we need results-orientated colleagues that not only have a passion for our product, but a strong team working ethos, creativity and a healthy commercial aim to join us on our journey.
We are looking for an established Assistant Merchandiser who will assist the Merchandiser, Brands Partnership Manager and Assistant Buyer in selecting and managing wholesale 3P product range selection to meet our customer requirements, taking full responsibility for a range where needed.
- Supporting the Team in agreeing the strategy and targets for building and achieving pre and in season Range sales and stock forecasts by channel
- Work with brands to select and deliver product that excites the customer, sets M&S apart from their competitors and promotes the curated and edited brand in harmony with M&S’ customer while ensuring the commercial targets are met; communicating strategy and range as appropriate and gaining agreement from the Leadership team.
- Working as a Team to analyse market and historical sales in line with trends and design direction to lead product mix parameters including price architecture, colour balance, shape and margin to deliver a highly commercial and balanced range
- Analysis of sales identifying winners and non starters and taking appropriate actions working in collaboration with partners to react to trade and improve sales opportunity for the Department
- To work as a Team in setting and delivering the strategy for the department while formulating a detailed range of products to be offered each quarter
- Booking quantities of products to meet launch and respond to in season variables for all channels
- Assisting Department Plan review and lessons learned
- Managing departmental documentation relating to all sale periods including markdown plans
- Relevant merchandising experience with a major retailer ideally with external brands
- Core Merchandising skills including managing GSM, development of Department Plan, stock / commitment management, creating sales estimates, and otb plans
- Knowledge of the end to end buy to store process
- Controlling unplanned in-season costs
- Negotiation skills (managing in season unplanned costs)
- Knowledge of M&S brand and sub-brand strategy
- Able to fully utilise the relevant IT support systems, (Range Planner, SSI, SAS Reporting, JDA Merch Planning) and to be fully conversant with standard business desktop applications
- Strong numerical, analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to initiate and build positive relationships
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills
- Influencing (internal & external)
Company: Marks and Spencer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A