Website Marathon Petroleum
This position is part of the Light Products Midest Division Heartland Region and reports to the Heartland Region Sales Manager. The position may be based in Louisville or Lexington, KY.
- Continuously optimize the portfolio of business by actively managing accounts, focusing on the optimal price/volume relationship for all products while executing strategic direction of the Territory.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase market share in new and existing markets in Eastern, KY and surrounding areas.
- Develop, negotiate, implement and manage long term contracts and non-fuel offerings to optimize value contribution.
- Provide market intelligence to benefit internal business partners (Pricing, Operations, Scheduling, Credit, Tax) including information that impacts daily pricing decisions, competitive pricing trends, competitor outages, terminal problems, supply conditions, forecast adjustments and any other business-related items.
- Evaluate market dynamics and niches seeking profit opportunities with new and existing customers through pricing programs, contracts, and market expansions to enhance MPC’s overall corporate profitability.
- Maintain a broad understanding of industry issues, government regulation, economic conditions, business outlooks, commercial and consumer needs, and MPC competitive strengths and weaknesses by market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, or other business-related function required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Five to seven years of commercial experience is preferred, particularly in the Marketing, LPS&L or Supply Chain organizations.
Company: Marathon Petroleum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lexington, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A