Website Marathon Petroleum
- Monitors measurement system performance. Troubleshoots and performs root cause analysis on anomalies.
- Inspects, maintains and performs repairs and preventative maintenance on measurement devices and equipment such as, but not limited, to flow computer, mass flow meters, turbine meters, Coriolis meters, gas chromatographs, sulfur analyzers, and other related devices.
- Configures and programs telemetry units used in smart metering.
- Oversees meter provings. Witnesses third-party meter calibrations.
- Maintains complete, accurate and regulatory-compliant documentation.
- Gas Measurement Fundamentals Develops understanding and practical experience with gas measurement including conversions necessary to convert actual measured volumes into energy as well as adjustments for atmospheric pressure and compressibility. Develops understanding of causes of measurement uncertainty e.g. selection of appropriate metering device, metering device installation, proper meter operation, processing of metering information, maintenance of metering devices.
- Gas Measurement Industry Standards Develops knowledge of and practical experience with industry standards for gas metrology from American Petroleum Institute (API), American Gas Association (AGA), GPA Midstream Association and related organizations.
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Industrial Instrumentation Fundamentals Develops practical knowledge of instrumentation used in midstream industry to measure, monitor or control temperature, level, pressure, flow. Includes, but is not limited to: temperature sensor, pressure gauges, pressure transmitter, pressure switch, flow transmitter, temperature controllers.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
Company: Marathon Petroleum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A