The primary function of the Load Puller is to support delivery activities. This includes inspecting merchandise prior to loading and delivery, preparing merchandise and loads for delivery, following planned delivery routes, verifying invoices against items loaded, and assisting customer installations or returns. The Load Puller is responsible for unloading, installing, and checking appliances and store equipment. The Load Puller is also responsible for providing excellent customer service by greeting customers and assisting customers in locating, selecting, demonstrating, and loading of merchandise in a friendly and professional manner. Lastly, the Load Puller is responsible for completing all other duties as assigned. Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a schedule as determined by sales, customer, and business needs, but may be changed by store management based on the needs of the store. Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor. Hourly Full Time, Part Time or Seasonal: Generally scheduled 40, 24 to 30, or 0 to 40 hours per week respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store. This position reports to an Assistant Store Manager and takes daily direction from a Department Manager. This position does not have direct reports.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- 3 months experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
- 6 months experience performing retail customer service.
- Lifts up to 40 pounds daily without assistance; may lift up to 100 pounds with or without assistance.
- The Load Puller and Safety Specialist may be required to perform job activities, with appropriate intermittent relief where applicable, under difficult work conditions such as in extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, while exposed to constant/intermittent sounds (if applicable).
- Lowe’s Canada is an inclusive employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Company: Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Albert, CA
Application Deadline: N/A