The Regional Business Development Manager will have full responsibility for Business Development throughout Scotland & Northern Ireland with clear accountability for supporting SPW’s growth aspirations across two unique and exciting markets.
As a key member of the senior regional team, the Business Development Manager will support the region by analysing, investigating and evaluating business development opportunities making recommendation to the Regional Director & securing new relationships in order to meet the regional business plan.
- As part of overall business development plan, agree regional event plan in consultation with the Client Directors, host and/or attend client and prospect events.
- Networking to prospect for new clients.
- Actively representing the business with third parties and target audiences in line with business need.
- Working closely with the Regional Director to support the attraction of new advisers through direct to advisor / firm recruitment activity.
- Design and implementation of enabling activity to support regional growth aspirations.
- Non-product propositional development to unlock opportunities to develop the business.
- Build and maintain a strong regional network across sectors.
- Have a detailed understanding of SPW client proposition and competitor positioning.
- To lead business development in the region having led creation of and agreed the regional business development plan.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Scottish & Northern Irish regional business communities and marketplaces.
- To identify potential prospects across the region with the aim of building lasting relationships.
- Optimisation of the partnership between LBG and SPW across the region, ensuring opportunities and synergies between businesses are fully exploited.
- Breadth of knowledge across the Wealth Planning Marketplace and Schroders Personal Wealth target customer segments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An enterprising & entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to coach and inspire local colleagues to adopt a similar approach.
- The successful candidate will be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have exceptional problem solving skills, and have an ability to stay focused in times of uncertainty.
- The position plays a highly collaborative role, interacting with colleagues and prospects across the region and the business, which will demand clear and effective communication skills in order to facilitate successful relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships, influence and command the respect of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Bachelor Degree or completed studies in either Sales / Marketing / Finance / Business desirable. Level 4 Financial Planning Qualification, desirable but not essential.
- Approximately 5+ years of experience, preferably in financial services or business consulting.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good negotiation skills with an ability to “cold call.”
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A