Website Lincoln Financial Group
The Investment Analyst on the Manager Selection and Portfolio Construction Team is a key contributor to the research and due diligence efforts across Lincoln’s manager of manager’s platform which includes fixed income, equity and alternative products. You will be part of a team responsible for providing investment expertise and insight regarding the selection, oversight and placement of asset management solutions across Lincoln’s product lines including Variable Annuities, Variable Universal Life, Defined Contribution and COLI/BOLI. You will be part of a team who oversees assets totaling $202B, $74B of which is Lincoln’s proprietary multi-asset class mutual fund family. You will regularly interact with senior management including the Lincoln Variable Insurance Products (“LVIP”) Board of Trustees, internal product and investment committees, and Lincoln’s internal clients.
- Support relationships with fund partners, external consultants, asset allocation providers and research firms (e.g. Morningstar, FactSet, etc.).
- Conduct regular on-site due diligence visits with investment managers, usually alongside LIAC’s Portfolio Managers,
- Recommend changes and/or actions, as appropriate, to further the objectives of LIAC and Lincoln’s product lines.
- Support sales efforts and training for investment products through regular interaction with the Client Investment Strategies Team and LFD.
- As a member of the Research team, this position will have a supporting role regarding the selection and oversight of new and existing investment options offered in Lincoln variable life, variable annuity and retirement products.
- Regularly present research findings and performance results to the Manager Selection Team and potentially a broader group of constituents, such as the LVIP Board of Trustees and other internal clients.
- Work with LIAC’s Portfolio Management team, provide insight/analysis on the optimal use of multi-asset class investment options within broadly diversified portfolios.
- Understanding of attribution and risk management concepts and experience with leading measurement tools (Factset, Barra, or other similar tools).
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
- Expertise in fund industry research and analytical tools required (e.g. Morningstar, Lipper, Zephyr,eVestmentAlliance, or other similar tools)
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Familiarity with portfolio construction, asset allocation, modern portfolio theory, risk management and hedging.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint with ability to illustrate complicated information succinctly in slides and charts for the benefit of senior management.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience in Financial Services with primary background in investment analysis, within the following asset classes: domestic and international equities, domestic and global fixed income, money market and financial derivatives.
Company: Lincoln Financial Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A