Tesla is looking for a Utility Field Service Technician to work across the entire Tesla organization to problem solve and ensure the success of our large-scale utility energy assets. Tesla needs a diversely talented and skilled technician ready to move quickly in order to keep our systems fully operational. The primary job is to service, troubleshoot, or upgrade stationary battery equipment and medium to high voltage equipment as needed. Applicants should be self-motivated team players with a positive attitude!
- Be ready to travel for extended periods of time covering multiple locations.
- Perform tasks requiring a high level of skill and patience.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as defined by the service engineering team.
- Have flexibility to provide support outside your region and possibly outside the country as required.
- Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment.
- Develop and follow best practices and procedures for various maintenance activities related to Tesla Energy equipment.
- Comfort working on a utility site and maintaining a safety focus.
- Perform other related duties as assigned per our growth and diversity across applications.
- Perform required preventative maintenance activities on stationary battery systems to maintain warranty coverage.
- Maintain high levels of communication and feedback within the Tesla Energy service organization; prepare daily updates of work completed, problems identified, and future timelines.
- SCADA experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills. Comfort with Microsoft office and cloud-based computing programs. Ability to communicate and function well in a mobile office setting.
- Minimum 5 years maintenance or electrical experience
- Previous electrical trades experience working with power/hand tools, electrical equipment, isolation meters and multimeters (Oscilloscopes is a plus).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work at great heights, work in extreme environments, perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, lift at least 50 pounds frequently.
- Attend site daily and travel up to 2 weeks at a time with short notice and flexibility to work on weekends and overtime.
- CPR & Low Voltage Rescue
- Ability to navigate NEC guidelines and knowledge of NFPA 70E practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A