Tesla Manufacturing Engineers have the important role of designing “The Machine that builds the Machine”. We work with the cross-functional teams (Design, Quality, Production, Sustaining, and Supply Chain) throughout the entire lifecycle of a product (from initial design through prototype development and into full production) to develop high quality and efficient manufacturing equipment and processes that will produce power electronics, thermal systems and customer facing Industrial Battery storage systems.
- Determine and procure equipment that is necessary for all manufacturing processes used to build the product
- Develop new manufacturing processes
- Provide DFM (Design for Manufacturability) input to design team for process and yield improvements
- Manage suppliers during specification, design, buyoff and installation of manufacturing equipment
- Work with equipment integrators to design and manufacture equipment and fixtures for medium to high volume production
- Develop manufacturing equipment and fixtures to support early stage prototype builds
- Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions to train technicians and line operators on new processes and equipment
- Characterize and validate new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor
- Perform process analysis, DOE, PFMEA, line balancing activities, and capacity modeling/simulation
- Determine layout of production workstations for product flow, ergonomics and efficiency
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with ESD sensitive components
- Familiar with fastening strategies used in transducer-based torque driving.
- Experience introducing new products and new processes from a prototype environment to a production environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a hands-on mechanical/manufacturing/design engineer working on mechanical and/or electromechanical systems.
- Experience with programming PLCs
- Familiar with conceptualization and design of robotic cells.
- Experience with chemical dispensing system(Refrigerant, Adhesives, potting, coolant, and sealants).
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience with designing Electrical Cabinets, pneumatic, and electrical schematics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sparks, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A