The IT Field Services Administrator – IT Operations, ensures smooth and consistent sustaining of IT systems and operations of Tesla field-based sales, service centers, offices, or manufacturing facilities in the North America region. This role requires strong technical knowledge at both the network and server levels. A successful candidate will seamlessly blend technical experience, exceptional interpersonal communication skills, project management and a commitment to drive implementations to a successful conclusion. The candidate is expected to be based in Austin, Texas or Fremont, CA or Buffalo, NY with frequent travel to Tesla’s field sites throughout North America.
- Participate in the design and monitor remote systems, networks, telephony, and operational support systems
- Document and track project status through collaboration tools and ticketing systems
- Implement and troubleshoot wired and wireless networks.
- Deploy new Tesla Centers to lead and support installations of IT infrastructure and/or post-install upgrades as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and contractors
- Understanding project requirements and developing project plans to deliver on time through collaboration with different teams within Tesla
- Proactively identify customer or site issues and address in advance of service disruptions.
- Ability to effectively manage, maintain and coordinate multiple critical and high-visibility projects simultaneously
- Maintain security, backup, redundancy strategies, and documentations
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability in Tesla Centers
- Experience in building remote retail, service, manufacturing, or business office sites as part of an overall larger enterprise organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Networking, Information Systems or equivalent training/experience
- Ability to travel quickly and frequently (30%) as needed to global sites
- Excellent communications and documentation skills
- Ability to assess and prioritize issues and effectively communicate corrective plans to stakeholders directly or via presentation
- Strong knowledge of backend Microsoft environments (Active Directory, Intune, SCCM, etc.) to support configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- Excellent understanding of Windows and Linux networking components including, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSI model, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-growing team environment
- Minimum of five years’ experience with desktop, infrastructure, network, and software support
- Experience with the following: SCCM, MDM, AVAYA, Juniper, Cisco Meraki, Aruba, Adobe Air, LogMeIn, IR Touchscreens, PowerShell is a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A