We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our Amazon Ad Server team based in the UK. In this role, you will provide program leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate risks, quantify the impact of making tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will provide technical leadership that gets products built and integrated into Amazon’s advertising ecosystem. A successful candidate is highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and is adept at leveraging technology to build products and services that our customers love. While this role is mostly Engineering focused, it is also cross-functional and involves a high degree of ambiguity. You will be a highly visible leader that will own the communication, coordination, and execution of key programs that have impact across the entire Amazon advertising organization.
- Helping Engineering teams make the right decisions when it comes to creating new or modifying existing systems based on security, latency, availability and other constraints
- Anticipating and identifying risks and mitigating them, escalating when necessary and making challenging trade-offs between business needs and technical constraints
- Defining key metrics and milestones for program success and tracking progress against them
- Prioritizing between competing goals and balancing short term needs with long term benefits.
- Simplifying and optimizing repetitive processes, diving deep into issues and ensuring that root causes are addressed
- Reporting on the status of multiple programs to stakeholders including senior leadership (VPs, Directors)
- Owning and driving large, cross-team/cross-org programs across the larger Amazon advertising organization
- Working backwards from our customers using data and anecdotes whenever possible
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience as a Technical Program Manager or Engineering Manager.
- Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
- Technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
- Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
- Experience and familiarity with concepts in the Digital Advertising industry.
- Proven ability to influence engineering teams without direct authority.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A