You will be leading a team of IT professionals with various skill sets to provide truly innovative technical support to Amazon’s Operations team who fulfill our customer promises millions of times a day. The technology varies between our different facilities, but Amazon’s core IT infrastructure is fully redundant and relies upon top tier vendor hardware networked over fiber optic, copper, and wireless topologies. Your internal customers, whether human, robotic, or mechanical, use mobile computing devices, thin clients, integrated computer, and PCs running Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems to virtually and physically move ecommerce items from our suppliers into our fulfillment centers shelves, from those shelves into packaging, those packages into cars, trucks, and airplanes for delivery to front doors around the world.
- Lead infrastructure builds in new facilities.
- Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
- Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with operational partners and staff.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service issues, approvals, and installations.
- Inclusively hire, train, and develop a team of IT professionals.
- Interact with management and staff to provide technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Established time management skills with the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in making data-driven decisions.
- Leadership experience in a 24×7 operation supporting physical IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
- 5+ years of experience developing a team of technical professionals across multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Technical discipline.
- Experience working with network architecture and client server technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years relevant professional, industry or military experience.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues while balancing business expectations.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment and capable of motivating teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sioux Falls, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A