We want to create the best content on the planet to help online sellers who ship their own orders. As our Content Marketing Lead you’ll ensure that we are engaging these prospects on their terms, with high ranking content that answers their questions through search, and with attention grabbing content they can discover through social media, partnerships and email. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, collaborative, creative individual with excellent project management skills, and a proven track record turning content engagement into product sign ups.
- You’ll own SEO and our organic lead targets. You’ll create and own our SEO strategy, generating pillar pages that claim top positions in competitive keywords; you’ll deliver quality cluster content; you’ll build our backlink program; and you’ll have a solid technical understanding of ranking factors. You don’t have to be an expert-level SEO but you’ll manage external resources to plan, execute, and audit.
- You’ll develop an editorial calendar of deep, well researched, action-oriented content that actually helps Sellers reach their goals, shielding them from the wall of shallow, clickbait noise that defines most ecommerce advice online.
- You’ll work with paid marketing and partnerships to attract, engage, and convert Sellers through blog posts, online guides, events, video series, downloadable ebooks, podcasts, emails, webinars, heck… even notes attached to carrier pigeons – whatever it takes to meet our prospects where they live.
- You’ll report on key content marketing business metrics, ensuring customer outcomes are auditable.
- You’ll own marketing automation, building engagement experiences for each segment and stage.
You’ll manage our email marketing manager and build an internal and external content team capable of meeting our goals.
Qualification & Experience:
- You’re a killer writer and multimedia creator, but more than that, you’re a great editor and project manager.
- A strong understanding of the SaaS sales funnel, with a proven track record of generating quality inbound leads via SEO, social media, email and other forms of content distribution. *You must be able to demonstrate where you have delivered lead growth through content*
- Experience in B2B content marketing, owning strategy, leading teams (internal and/or external), creating standout content and delivering measurable results.
- You’re an experienced user of the necessary technology to achieve your goals, e.g. SemRush, Ahrefs, Moz, Web CMS, Marketing Automation. If we don’t have the right set up, you’ll architect it for us, making the case internally for the tools you need.
- Bonus points if you’ve already got a great network of freelance creators you can call on.
- Marketing automation certification (Pardot, Hubspot, Marketo, or similar).
- Demonstrable experience developing industry knowledge in seemingly esoteric niches.
- A knowledge and passion for eCommerce operations, a slightly nerdy researcher, and an exceptional communicator
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A