We are looking for a talented Business Intelligence Engineer who is passionate about building metrics and pipelines and has the growth goal of getting deep in quantitative algorithm analysis. In this role, you will work with scientists, engineers, and product managers on high impact initiatives in Amazon’s Display Advertising.
- You will be the primary owner of performance dashboards across multiple machine learning systems.
- You will use business intelligence and visualization software to empower internal customers to drive their own analytics and reporting.
- You will dive deep into complex data issues in production and simulation.
- You will build tools for research, experimentation, and measurement
- You will develop a deep understanding of Amazon.com Advertising’s vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience building self-service reporting and dashboarding solutions using business intelligence software.
- Experience with data mining, identifying and visualizing key data insights across a variety of business and technical system metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiarity with descriptive statistics and analytical problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field and 5+ years of BIE/BA experience.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience working with Big Data, Data Warehousing and Relational Database systems.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of big data and related technologies including Hive, Spark and EMR.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A