Love entertainment? Love music? The Amazon Music team is looking for a brilliant, creative, and passionate professional to join our Business Intelligence team. In this role, you have the opportunity to develop customer insights and market segmentation that enhance and drive acquisition and engagement. You own optimization of Amazon Music funnels on all devices and platforms and development of intuitive analytical tools for use by the Digital Music product and business teams.
- Quickly build a thorough understanding of the Digital Music industry, its seasonality and global business trends and continually monitor the impact of important industry developments.
- Join large and growing BI/ Science team to leverage extensive music listening to better understand customers and contribute to product and marketing strategy.
- Defining and developing tests to identify the best way to reach, convert, and retain customers.
- Combining online web customer behavior and offline customer attributes to gain novel and powerful understanding of Digital Music customers.
- Work closely with finance team to conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting and monitoring of key business activity.
- Reporting to senior leadership and the team at large, on customer, product and marketing insights and trends.
- Working with marketing, merchandising, product management and engineering to identify and scope data aggregations that facilitate analysis of most common customer behavioral questions.
- Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
- Partnering with our Data Engineering team to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through .
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with analytic tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Proven experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementation in both business and technical roles
- Highly skilled at querying relational databases () and ability to pull from various sources
- Music industry experience
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
- In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
- 3+ years of professional experience in web analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position
- Experience with relational database design and architecture
- Experience with or other relevant scripting language
- BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A