The Team Member’s responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Team Member’s role is to create an exceptional in-store experience and provide excellent customer service by interacting and engaging with customers. The Team Member will also embody characteristics and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and Inspire.
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer’s needs. Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers’ project needs and escorts them to the desired product’s location. Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor.
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism and precision. Lift boxes from the truck and receiving area, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks. Required to enter and exit truck beds to remove freight. Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company procedures. Move product from delivering truck to sales floor as needed. Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to detail. Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any spills/messes with a sense of urgency.
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events. Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, suggestive selling, innovative merchandising and building strong customer relationships to the JOANN brand. Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management.
- Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team exceeds expectations set by Store Management. Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in a friendly and professional manner. Assists with training new Team Members on running the register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service.
- Education Minimum: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experience Minimum: No experience required
- Experience Preferred: 1- 3 years previous experience in a customer centric environment
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression.
- Ability to work with customers and team members
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others
- Ability to get work accomplished through others
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on business needs
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Long Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A