Website U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Represent the Department in administrative litigation arising under the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 before the Merit Systems Protection Board or in arbitration under applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Litigate appeals arising under the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 and that involve adverse actions for misconduct and performance-based actions and appeals that concern alleged violations of the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), as well as the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act (WPEA).
- Prepare evidence for hearings, post-hearing briefs, and filing of exceptions.
- Provide advice concerning employment discrimination law and regulations under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, as amended.
- Prepare legal opinions concerning a broad range of Department activities related to employment law as well as the legal aspects of Department policy, usually in response to requests of middle-level program or administrative officials which are transmitted through the Assistant and or Deputy Assistant General Counsel in the Division.
Company: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A