Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
If selected for this position, you will serve as an Expert Transportation Security Officer (ETSO)- Security Training Instructor (STI) for Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As an ETSO-STI, you will support the airport training program through performance of a variety of training related functions. In addition to program responsibilities, as an ETSO-STI you will perform pre-board security screening of persons, cargo, carry-on, and checked baggage as directed by the Federal Security Director (FSD) or his/her designee a minimum of 20% of the time.
- Performing training instruction within established guidelines and standards in support of nationally developed training courses (e.g., new hire training, On-Screen Alarm Resolution Protocol, Crossover).
- Supporting recurrent training needs; conducting return to duty and remediation training.
- Developing and/or adapting local training materials to meet requirements.
- Delivering instructor development courses in support of the STI position (e.g., Instructor Presentation Skills Course and Train the Trainer Courses for nationally developed programs).
- Assisting Training Specialist in providing oversight to collateral duty Assistant Training Instructors (ATI) and other support staff.
- Conducting instructional delivery quality assurance assessments at local airports or transportation facilities, as well as assisting with assessments at other locations as needed; contributing to reviews and edits of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conducting TSA Quality Assessments (locally or nationally).
- Managing classroom dynamics, resolving classroom problems, and coordinating needed support and materials; monitoring and evaluating training for appropriate adjustments and recommending enhancements; maintaining communication with management and supervisors concerning training issues that may reveal security screening weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
- You must have reached the minimum age (18) at the time of application.
- You must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening AND random drug/alcohol testing.
- Selective Service registration is required.
- You must be able to maintain the ability to walk up to two miles during a shift and stand for prolonged periods of time;
- You must be able to maintain a measured threshold for sight:
- Distance vision correctable to 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in worst eye. Near vision correctable to 20/40 or better binocular;
- You must maintain a measured threshold for hearing: Average hearing loss of 25 decibels (ANSI) at 500, 1000, 2000, and 3000 Hz in each ear. Single reading of 45 decibels at 4000 and 6000 Hz in each ear;
- You must be able to distinguish between different colors that will be a part of images displayed on automated screens: Color perception (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, black, white, gray). Note: Color filters for enhancing color discrimination are prohibited;
- Exposure to potentially lethal devices and dangerous chemicals is inherent in this position;
- You must be able to maintain eligibility for a security clearance;
- You must be able to maintain proficiency in all facets of assigned work sufficient to ensure recertification;
Qualification & Experience:
- To qualify for the SV-G Pay Band (GS-10/11), you must meet the requirements listed below: At least one year of experience functioning as a Transportation Security Officer equivalent to at least the E Band level (GS-7/8) or above.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A