Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, our agency remains committed more than ever to delivering our mission to safeguard America’s borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Driving forward our hiring process to staff mission critical positions continues to be one of our highest priorities. First and foremost, we want to provide you reassurance that CBP is still hiring, despite potential delays with some hiring process steps due to COVID-19 restrictions that impact in-person activities.
Being a Border Patrol Agent makes you a valuable member of the Federal Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) profession. Typical assignments include:
- Detecting, preventing, and apprehending undocumented noncitizens and smugglers of noncitizens at or near the land borders by maintaining surveillance from covert positions
- Responding to electronic sensor alarms
- Interpreting and following tracks, marks and other physical evidence
- Using infrared scopes during night operations
- Responding to aircraft sighting and other anti-smuggling activities
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A