Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This position is located in DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, U.S. COAST GUARD, SURFACE FORCES LOGISTICS CENTER (SFLC), SMALL BOAT PRODUCT LINE, SUPPLY,(HM&E) in Baltimore, Maryland
- This position is located with the U.S. Coast Guard, Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC). The incumbent functions as a Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) performing work involved in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and developing specialized information about complex equipment; and providing such information together with advisory services to those who design, test, produce, procure, supply, operate, repair, or dispose of equipment; and/or maintenance programs and techniques based on practical knowledge of the equipment including its design, production, operational, and maintenance requirements.
- Recommending completely innovative sources of supply, when necessary, and supports recommendations with detailed estimates.
- Working on projects requiring extensive knowledge of the manufacturers of assigned components and parts.
- Identifying problems and/or trends that exist regarding the acquisition of various parts and equipment; and recommending improvements.
- Identifying and evaluating potential vendors; and conducting site surveys for procurement source approval.
- Preparing statements of work, justifications for other than full and open competition, product specifications, and other technical documentation related to procurement actions.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A